Welcome to our congregation. We hope as you have reviewed each of the pages of this website that you have learned a little more about us. Again if you have any questions please contact us and we will do our best to welcome you into our Trinity family. If you so desire to become a member of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, please speak with our Pastor or the church secretary.
Per Article V of our Constitution we recognize three kinds of membership:
A. Baptized Membership
1. All souls who are baptized "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost", who are committed to the congregation's care and for whom the congregation has assumed pastoral and spiritual responsibilities, are Baptized Members of this congregation.
B. Communicant Membership
1. All persons are Communicant Members of this congregation:
- Who have been baptized “In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.”
- Who, after receiving Christian instructions, signify their agreement with the Confessional Standard as set forth in Article III of this constitution, and
- Who have been accepted into Communicant Membership in accordance with the Constitution of this congregation.
2. Those persons who become Communicant Members should:
- Continue to be faithful to the Word and Sacraments,
- Serve the Lord through the congregation and in their own personal lives in the up building of the Kingdom of God.
- Contribute regularly of their time, talents, and treasures to the support of the congregation.
- Submit willingly to live within the discipline of love as exercised by the congregation in its ministry of reconciliation.
- Avoid membership in, or association with organizations, which deny the Lordship of Christ, or conflict with the Confessional Standard of the congregation.
3. Communicant members may be received by transfer, profession of faith, adult baptism, or confirmation. They are received by the Board of Deacons according to the current practices of the congregation.
4. The Board of Deacons shall terminate the membership of those transferring to other Lutheran congregations, joining without transfer churches of other denominations, or whose whereabouts cannot be ascertained. In the case of self-exclusion or excommunication, the Board of Deacons shall make recommendations to the Voters’ Assembly for action.
C. Voting Membership
- The Voting Membership shall constitute the Voters' Assembly. All Communicant Members who have reached their 18th birthday have been accepted by the Voters’ Assembly after having read and signed the Constitution of the congregation shall be entitled to a vote.
- A voting member is expected to attend meetings of the Voters' Assembly, accept office and participate in the other activities of the congregation as the Lord gives strength and ability.